Introduction and Background

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I started my career in lecturing and volunteering in the field of Criminology and Psychology. Throughout the years I developed a passion for Education specifically education in Higher Education institutions. As I progressed through my career I started to enjoy online learning and completed my Masters this year through the online platform at Purdue University. As a student, I realised what other students may need and how I could possibly understand their needs and develop courses that would assist them through their studies. This year I have taken on the role of PST which is a Program Support Tutor, in which my role is to assist students who are studying a BCom online degree. The new position has its own challenges but it is an enjoyable experience in which I get to connect to students in another manner and assist where I can with their studies. 


My goals for the future is to concentrate on developing online courses that meet the needs of students, not only in academic material, but that also complements their studying and allows for development of skills and abilities. I would like to conduct more research on the topic of the lack of chatter and how this influences the online student. In the year to come I am hoping to enrol for my PhD and I will hopefully combine Criminology (Victimology) with online technology in an attempt to use technology to assist victims of crime, but as you can see my ideas need a lot more thinking and work. 

Comments

Popular Posts